We are looking for an exceptional designer to help with our client-facing and internal website projects. If you are an experienced web designer, or developer, with an eye for design and have a background in online marketing or design agency experience, please apply. This is an in-house, freelance position, open to Southern California area candidates that can be in our office a minimum of three days/week.
Your skill set should include, professional web design and development experience, organization, problem solving, teamwork and a positive attitude. We are a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment with an uncompromising commitment to quality.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design website layouts with industry standard programs, e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, etc.
- Develop website layouts into static or CMS driven websites, with platforms such as WordPress. Unbounce, Joomla and Drupal experience a plus.
- Update or add new features to client or internal projects.
- Work with copywriters to ensure that content marketing or SEO goals are met on website projects.
- Presenting design or development work to clients, and being a client resource for account managers.
- Facilitate client WordPress training, site documentation, and maintenance.
Skill and Experience Requirements (Note: Must have all of the experience listed below):
- Minimum 5 years of experience in web design and development, with SEO & SEM (landing page design) experience.
- Strong knowledge of WordPress, including theme and plugin development. Sage, gulp and Bower experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of User Experience (UX) design.
- Experience in current web technologies, e.g. HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Responsive Design.
- Experience with front-end Frameworks, e.g. Bootstrap, or Zurb Foundation, HTML 5 Boilerplate.
- Familiarity with current design trends, e.g. Flat or Material Design, Parallax Design, Animation, Motion and Interactivity.
- Proficiency in industry standard graphic editing software, e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, etc.
- Strong grasp of design fundamentals, e.g. color, proportion, contrast, hierarchy, unity, gestalt.
- Strong typographic skills.
- Strong grasp of user-centered design and accessible, modern web design principles.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail and organization.
Where You’ll Work:
Collaboration is essential to how we operate, and we’ve structured our office accordingly. We have a wide-open, modern workspace that’s fully equipped with anything you need from technology to table tennis.
What You’ll Get:
We offer all full-time employees 15 PTO days plus 8 company holidays, competitive base salaries, health coverage including medical, dental, and vision benefits, and an amazing culture.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.