We’re pleased to contribute to the ImagingBiz educational and informational portal on a regular basis. It’s for decision-makers in medical imaging in both the outpatient and hospital environments. And although our initial article is directed primarily to readers in the imaging industry, the topic of branding applies to most healthcare providers, medical groups and physician practices.
We believe you’ll find the article titled, The Image of Imaging: Creating a Powerful, Distinguishing Brand, helpful regardless of your profession, specialty or organization. Branding, done properly, provides a meaningful message of difference and distinction for your healthcare entity. Without it, you’re seen as a plain vanilla commodity—if you’re seen at all.
Working with healthcare professionals around the nation, we’ve identified seven key reasons to deliver a strong branding message. In short, branding means business. Here’s a brief summary from the ImagingBiz article by Lonnie Hirsch:
1. People prefer to buy brands because they reduce perceived risk. Recognized names are expected to deliver consistent and high quality products or services.
2. People buy brands for status. Some people will spend more for a product or service even though it is, or is perceived to be, more expensive.
3. People refer more often and more passionately to a brand they like and trust. Truly great brands achieve near cult-level loyalty from some followers.
4. A professional reputation is built and accelerated though branding. An exceptional reputation doesn’t grow spontaneously. A purposeful branding message actively shapes a professional reputation.
5. Branding targets and attracts the types of cases you want. A focused branding message appeals to cases, procedures or patients that mean the most to the business.
6. Branding produces a competitive advantage. Superior brand recognition means you stand out in comparison to the competition.
7. A branded organization will be worth more than a non-branded business. For the present (and for a future exit strategy), a recognized brand contributes to the value of an organization.
Your brand communicates the unique competitive advantage that influences the desired audience to choose you as their healthcare provider. Additional posts elaborate on each of these points and further explains the business value and importance of branding. And to talk to us directly about improving your brand and branding message, reach out to us today.