If one minute of video is worth 1.8 million words, this video-based article offers up some useful ideas (and a little inspiration) in a bit more than 13 million word-equivalents.
It’s also a legitimate business excuse to put your other work aside—call it healthcare marketing research—and become one of the 100 million Internet users who watch online video each day.
And…just in case the boss wants to know why you look like you’re relaxing (although this is clearly “professional development” time), you can point out that:
- The average Internet user sees an average of 32.2 videos per month;
- 75 percent of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week;
- And, according to Forbes Insight, 59 percent of senior executives prefer to watch video instead of text, if both are available on the same page.
So, here goes…
Each of these four brief, and otherwise unrelated, clips illustrates the communications power of video. Consider how visual storytelling can enhance your healthcare marketing mission.
Doctors Office – Cox Business (:43) This clever commercial for speedy Wi-Fi service amusingly pokes fun at the typical delays in a busy doctor’s office. File this under under “Patient Experience Lesson.”
More Doctors Smoke Camels Than Any Other Cigarette (:60) Consider this an informative flashback to 1949 when television allowed cigarette commercials…and Camel was the brand of doctors.
The Inspirational Video Everyone Should Live By (3:20) Medical and hospital costs can make a statement in many languages. But the message in this mini-movie is actually about compassion.
Happiness Goes Viral Mayo Clinic (2:27) When a brief Mayo Clinic video went viral unexpectedly, healthcare marketing minds were quick to follow-up with a reprise in the name of “laughter is contagious.”
Let us know what you think. Check out the Healthcare Success YouTube Channel for more on this topic. And in case you missed these previous articles (i.e., more “research”), click through to:
- 3 Unforgettable Hospital Videos You Didn’t See (But Should)
- Watch. Feel. Share. How Emotion-Fueled Videos Propel (Viral) Engagement
- 36 Uses for Video: Magnify Your Healthcare Marketing Big Time