The collection of marketing insights that we posted a few weeks ago was well received. We called these medical marketing nuggets “Twisdom.” Our previous article, which is linked at the bottom of this page, inspired some of our readers to submit a few more thoughtful gems.
In somewhat random order, here—in 140 characters or less—are some quick but significant business thoughts for your consideration:
On Patient Satisfaction/Patient Experience:
- Customer satisfaction is worthless. Customer loyalty is priceless.
- Every business is a “people business.”
- A customer attaches value to a product in proportion to a perceived ability to help solve his problem or meet his needs. (Theodore Levitt)
On Social Media:
- Increasingly, mass marketing is turning into a mass of niches.
- People shop and learn in a whole new way compared to just a few years ago, so marketers need to adapt or risk extinction.
- Social Media is a tool not a solution. It helps spread a message and evolve a brand, it doesn’t create it.
- Don’t compete on price alone. Tell your customers what your #brand offers that your competition does not. #differentiate
- You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new. (Steve Jobs)
- Long-term success is the result of relationships built on a foundation of trust. People get more value from those they trust.
- Seeing your #goals on paper gives them validity. Write ’em down!
- When was the last time you really wrote down a personal and/or #professional #growth goal? If you can’t remember, do it now.
With more than 4,500 Tweets per second, Twitter is second only to Facebook among the popular social networking sites. So for good advice, choose who you follow with care. Of course, we’d be pleased to have you follow us @HCSuccess, @StewartGandolf, or @LonnieHirsch.
For more on effectively using Twitter, and our previous post in this series, Twisdom: Medical Marketing Nuggets from the Twitter Stream, click through here. And if you have a healthcare marketing idea to contribute to the collection, please submit a comment below.
Subscribe to the Healthcare Success Marketing Blog
Join 19,000+ fellow healthcare marketers! Get Healthcare Success' latest marketing articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: