Cardiology Medical Marketing and Advertising That Works
Planning for a Successful Practice
Moving Up to the Next Level
The world of cardiology—and cardiology advertising and marketing—has changed… noticeably and quickly.
Our nation’s healthcare delivery system and the cardiology profession have changed. At the same time, cardiology advertising and marketing have shifted from a casual “something new” to an aggressive “highly competitive.”
Where once a few low-key specialists were the only game in town, it’s now common to find two or more large “healthy heart” centers, heart specialists or provider groups going head-to-head in actively promoting their services.
If you’ve navigated your way to this page, it’s likely that you:
- recognize increasing competitive pressures in the marketplace
- are looking for additional revenue streams that make sense with your practice mix
- are serious about maximizing the impact of your advertising message and budget, and/or
- are ready and committed to grow the practice and move up to the next level.
After nearly two decades of working with providers, our strategists and consultants know it’s a basic fact that the cardiology practices, heart centers and healthy heart programs that achieve the greatest success do so because they planned it that way.
Nationwide, it’s the same story. The winners all have a comprehensive roadmap, which they use daily. The program is no longer simple and introductory. It is now sophisticated with a lot of moving parts, with an informed patient taking an active role in their own care and lifestyle decisions.
Heart patients have more choices in selecting a provider. Reaching, convincing and attracting this audience requires cost-effective plans and solid programs to increase revenue and cardiology practice profitability, through opportunities such as:
- Cardiac care and inter-disciplinary case marketing strategies
- Cardiac treatment and rehabilitation programs and classes
- Nuclear cardiology and mobile nuclear cardiology
- Comprehensive heart attack recovery programs
- CPR and ECC training courses
- Hospital-based and strategic alliance programs for patient and community
- Enhancing name recognition, reputation and community prominence
- Establishing and promoting profitable “healthy heart” services lines
- Hypertension, heart disease and heart attack prevention programs
- Increasing personal and professional satisfaction
- Inspiring patient directed self-referrals
- Lifestyle, exercise, fitness, nutrition, diet outreach programs
- Measuring and increasing patient satisfaction, retention and referrals
- Office-based and hospital-based services
- Pediatric cardiology, fetal echocardiography and consultation
- Prevention, diagnosis, treatment, fitness and exercise programs
- Protecting your practice from aggressive competition
- Rapidly growing revenues to expand services, locations or associates
- Risk assessment, executive fitness evaluation, stroke screening
- Targeting and educating high-risk/at-risk individuals
- Winning primary care and other discipline referrals
The Marketing Audit
Regardless of how well you think you’re doing, a reality check is a useful test. If everything’s just swell, take comfort in continuing your marketing effort just as it is today. But if you don’t know, are a student of continuous improvement or are serious about breakthrough growth, you need a penetrating conversation with your marketing plan.
There are a couple hundred probing questions to ask yourself and others. But to begin, click through here to: The First 7 Marketing Audit Questions to Get You to the Next Level.
Call Us If You Need Help Finding These Answers
We understand what works and what doesn’t in heart health advertising. We know how to effectively communicate your value to your various “customers” in ways that help them appreciate and utilize all that you have to offer. These audience groups include patients, prospective (at-risk) patients, referring physicians, self-referral patients, health insurance plans, hospitals and others.
Few professions are as competitive as cardiology. Healthcare Success can guide your planned program for growth—as we have done for others around the nation—providing ethical, creative and evidence-based marketing strategies.