Market scientifically to improve your results
- 1. Ethically attract high-reimbursement cases
- 2. Fight back against aggressive competition
- 3. Win at digital marketing
- 4. Multiply doctor referrals
- 5. Build your reputation, online and off
- 6. Grow your number of new patients
- 7. Support new locations, providers or technologies
- 8. Multiply patient referrals
- 9. Increase revenues consistently
Pain Management Specialists: Learn How to Utilize Data-Driven Marketing to Attract the Patients You Want, Win More Referrals and Grow a Powerful Brand
Join Us in Orlando and Las Vegas to Discover Marketing Strategies That Attract New Cases You Want
Over the past 20 years, we have grown thousands of practices by using the best methods for ethically and profitably attracting new patients.
The agenda covers hundreds of pain management practice-building topics, but here’s the big picture:
ATTENTION: Pain Management Specialists
Exclusive Pain Management Practice Seminar at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista and The Wynn in Las Vegas!
Our meetings are large enough to be dynamic but small enough to be interactive. Depending upon the mix of attending practices, we will create one or more surgery breakouts, or create a mixed group where practitioners can interact with like-minded doctors and staff from other specialties.
Either way, your seminar leader will take the ideas presented and apply them specifically to the unique aspects of a surgical practice like yours.
Plus, this seminar offers you a fun and exciting opportunity to network and share ideas about what has worked in other non-competing practices. You will come away with great new ideas for building your practice… and possibly meet like-minded colleagues to use as sounding boards for future initiatives.
- Digital marketing
- Doctor-referral systems
- Social Media
- Offline advertising
- Community marketing
- Publicity (free press)
AGENDA: Friday Morning 8:00AM TO 12:15PM
Scientific Marketing Principles
Utilize marketing to survive and thrive despite the revolutionary changes
• How to grow profits, revenues and patient counts despite our uncertain economic and political environment
– Population management
– Lackluster economy
– High-deductible insurance plans
– Consolidation among health systems, insurers, hospitals, “super groups” and independent practices
– The remarkable rise of competition in healthcare
Marketing strategies to attract the cases you want
• Discover which 20% of activities will result in 80% of your profits
• The 6 marketing strategies you must master
• How to market tastefully and effectively – without looking needy, cheesy, sleazy or greedy
• How to avoid wasting marketing dollars or risking your reputation
• How to ethically attract the cases you want most
• How to dominate your market, despite aggressive competition
Invest wisely with the Scientific Method of Marketing™
• Learn from the experience of others before you
• Design a “best practices” marketing plan to attract new patients
• Implement marketing strategies and tactics effectively
• Measure results, including return-on-investment
• “Double down” on winning strategies!
Patient Behavior: Online Marketing Session 1
How the Internet has changed patient behavior… forever
• Internet usage trends
• Mobile trends
• Patient due diligence
• Changes in consumer behavior and expectations
• The rise of online reviews
• “I want it now!”
Compete to Win
How to compete effectively in our brave new world
• Why psychographics and demographics are critical — and where to get the marketing research you need
• Creating a “product” that patients want to buy
• How to package your services effectively
• How to create physical facilities appropriate for your marketplace
• Create locations appropriate for your market demographics
• How to appease the critical eye of the consumer
• Secrets to successful pricing
How to determine the right marketing budget
• Why marketing is a revenue center, not a cost center
• Setting appropriate goals
• Alternative budgeting methods
• How to establish a realistic budget for your goals and competitive situation
Build your reputation or “brand”
• Build or maintain your reputation as a recognized leader in your chosen city or niche
• How to stand out from the pack in a positive way
• How to integrate your larger vision into your brand… and then get everyone onboard internally
• What a brand really is… and why you need one
• How to create an effective logo
• How to come up with a positioning statement that clearly and powerfully answers the question “why you?”
• Brand-standards guides
• Traits of successful brochures and collateral
• How to target upscale patients
• How to make your new brand consistent with every impression patients and doctors get from you
• Mold your brand based on your strengths, weaknesses,
opportunities and threats
• Inspiring case studies you’ll want to emulate
How to track the sources of your new patients, and determine return on investment (ROI)
• Today’s powerful call-tracking technology
• Keep staff on-track via call recordings
• Website conversions
• Back-up scripting techniques
• How to calculate (or estimate) your ROI
• The mathematics of profitable marketing
• Data-driven dashboards
AGENDA: Friday Afternoon 1:30PM TO 5:30PM
Websites: Online Marketing Session 2
Successful Website Traits
• Internet “mega trends”
• Traits of successful — and unsuccessful — websites
• Why many healthcare websites are “beautiful failures”
• Prioritizing your objectives
• Secrets to getting prospective patients to call you
• Website features that doctors resist, but patients LOVE
• Content Management System (CMS) basics
• How to make your website relevant to different audiences (e.g., referring providers, patients, family members, etc.)
• How to evaluate different website vendors — and price points
• When you should RUN from a prospective website developer
• Mobile responsiveness
• Inspiring website examples
Great marketing begins with creating the right patient experience
• The “retail-ization” of healthcare
• Patient expectations and empowerment in the 21st century
• How to look at everything from the patient’s point of view
• How to turn patients into raving fans
• How to make patients feel loved so that they stay and refer
• Which internal systems create patient loyalty… and which cause them
• Why staff is so vital to your success — and how to deal with those who don’t “get it”
• Leadership’s role
• Team members’ responsibility
Website Video: Online Marketing Session 3
Website Video – Your Secret Weapon
• The role of video in getting found online
• Why patients LOVE video
• Secrets to success
• Types of website videos
– Meet the doctor(s)
– “What to expect”
– Facility tours
– Patient testimonials
– SEO videos
How to convert phone inquiries into first appointments
• Why most practices and hospitals do such a terrible job with phone calls
• Why your front desk is probably costing you a fortune, even if your people are friendly and helpful!
• How to set your team up to win!
• Should you create a call center?
• What about answering services?
• Discover the number-one priority for new-patient calls
• What are the elements of a good phone script?
• How to handle objections?
• This eye-opening section is so vital that it could change the future of
Internal Marketing (continued)
Make technology your “secret weapon” for success
• Automated recall programs
• Patient surveys
• Patient eNewsletters
• Portals for email and calendaring
• Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems
• Marketing automation
• Big Data
Create effective marketing systems that grow patient referrals
• How to get patients to refer more often
• Create “patient ambassadors” who refer to you in droves
• How to triple the number of your favorite cases, at nearly zero cost
• How to reactivate patients who have left you
• How to use “one-minute messages” to promote your favorite services,
with no pressure
• Learn which in-office promotions work and which to avoid
• Magic questions that get patients to open up
• How to deal with varying behavior styles
• Getting the right person for the job
• Ethical sales techniques that get patients to say yes to your
Social Media and Online Reviews:
Online Marketing Session 4
How to build positive (and mitigate negative) patient reviews
• Identify critical rating sites
• Handle libelous or inaccurate reviews
• Dominate search engine results
• Encourage happy patients to post online
• How online reputation impacts your search engine visibility
Build your reputation through positive Social Media
• Which Social Media are right for you? Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn,
YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, others?
• How to create an appropriate Social Media policy
• Should you allow patients to post?
• How various Social Media impact your search engine visibility
AGENDA: Saturday Morning 8:00AM TO 12:15PM
SEO: Online Marketing Session 5
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• How to get found “organically” by prospective patients
• Keyword strategy
• Secrets to local SEO
• Which SEO techniques must be incorporated into your website from
• Which “off-site” SEO techniques are vital to your success
• Why “Content, content, content” is your new mantra
• What are the “dirty little secrets” of search-engine optimization and
• The secret to effective blogging
• Adapt to Google’s recent algorithm changes — or else
• How to earn your way to #1 — and stay there
• White hat versus black hat SEO
Grow Doctor Referrals
Doctor referrals are the lifeblood for most hospitals and practices. We show you how to increase your inbound flow.
• How to become one of the 20% of providers who win 80% of doctor referrals
• How to protect your referral base from competitors
• What to do if key partners or staff have defected to a competitor
• How to attract the cases you want most
• How to generate more professional referrals without looking (or feeling) needy, greedy, sleazy or cheesy
• How to support a new associate or partner
• How to reward your most important referral sources
• How to make gift-giving both ethical and more effective
• Should you host educational events? How?
• How to ask for referrals from other doctors without begging or looking like
• What are common referral faux pas and how to avoid them
• What to do if their staff doesn’t like your staff… or you
• Which entertainment strategies are appropriate for you
• What to do if you or your office “dropped the ball” and referrers have stopped referring to you
• Should you hire a marketing person? If so, what should you look for? (Hint: there are about 100 definitions of what a marketing person is and does.)
Online Marketing Session 6
Profitable online advertising
• How to target people who are actively searching online for the services
• How to show up at the top of Google, immediately
• Competition online is fierce: How to win the pay-per-click wars
• Which metrics matter the most, and why?
• Create “display ads” that show up only in the geographical areas that you choose — for people you want to target
• How to create landing pages that generate phone calls
• How to test online advertising to see if it is the right strategy for you
• Additional advertising opportunities like Facebook, ZocDoc, Healthgrades, Vitals, Yelp, directories and others
Traditional (Offline) Advertising
Attract high-reimbursement patients through ethical external marketing
• Discover the secrets to external marketing programs that
profitably produce new patients, month after month
• What creative approaches yield patient inquiries?
• What about seasonality?
• What are the secrets to buying media profitably?
• Which external marketing strategy yields the number-one return on investment?
• Why TV is the “big gorilla” at generating calls
• When should you use radio?
• Are magazines and newspapers right for you?
• Are the yellow pages completely dead?
• What about postcards and more advanced forms of direct mail?
• How to get “free press” (publicity)
• How to win over skeptical reporters
• What are the elements of an effective press release?
• Crisis management: what to do when things go terribly wrong
• Community events
• Health fairs
B2B Strategies (Time permitting, if relevant to the group)
• Business-to-business marketing
• Attract specific employers with specific insurances
• Attract referrals from attorneys
• Cross-promote with other businesses
• Your dream business starts NOW
• How you can “herd cats” to get your goals accomplished
• Why “marketing by committee” will kill your results
• How to begin executing immediately
• How to hire good marketing and creative talent
• Inspiring success stories you can learn from
Your leaders may include on or more of the following:
Over the past 20 years, Stewart has personally marketed and consulted for over 1,500 healthcare clients, including private practices, hospitals and corporations. Stewart also co-founded and leads Healthcare Success, one of America’s leading healthcare and Internet marketing firms. He has spoken at over 200 venues, including the Cleveland Clinic Patient Experience Summit, American Academy of Ophthalmology, American College of Prosthodontists, American Academy of Orthopaedic Executives, American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, California Dental Assocation and many others. A frequent author, Stewart is also often cited by the public and professional press, including the Wall Street Journal, Medical Economics and the American Medical Association.
Digital Advertising Director
Raheim directs campaign strategy, setup, optimization, A/B testing and bid management for all of Healthcare Success’ client online advertising campaigns. The leader of our online marketing and advertising department, Raheim also oversees our firm’s partnership with Google. He is committed to driving quality traffic to clients’ websites and increasing new patients via effective paid online advertising practices. Prior to joining Healthcare Success, Raheim worked for several leading Internet marketing firms. He is also a former US Marine.
An award-winning strategic marketing planner, Kathy has helped more than 2,000 clients achieve their growth goals. She melds the high-level strategies required for long-term sustainability with the tactics that accomplish day-to-day successes.
Christine brings a strong online marketing background to Healthcare Success. She has also worked with large organization like Guthy Renker, Fidelity, Metlife and Gerber. Christine received her bachelor’s degree at University of California, Irvine.
Hilton Lake Buena Vista
Ideally located in the Disney Springs™ area, the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista hotel is steps from exciting theme parks and popular tourist attractions. Unwind with a movie in your stylish guest room and stay in touch with internet access at this Official Walt Disney World® Hotel. Choose from a variety of amazing dining options. Stay active in the 24-hour fitness center and swim laps in the two heated outdoor pools. Make use of the 24-hour business center complete with modern business amenities. This hotel has agreed to provide room discounts to a limited number of our attendees. We will send you details upon your registration.
Wynn Las Vegas
Wynn Las Vegas and its sister property Encore Las Vegas collectively hold more Forbes five-star awards than any other resort and casino in the world. The resort has earned AAA five diamond, Mobil five-star, Forbes five-star, Michelin five star, and Zagat Survey Top U.S. Hotel ratings. Wynn Las Vegas also made Forbes Award history by earning five-star ratings in every category — Hotel, Restaurant, and Spa — for two consecutive years. The resort is named to the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List as one of the “Top Hotels in the World”.
What People Are Saying
“Despite practicing in a hyper-competitive market, our new-patient counts are double what they were for the same time period last year. Hiring Healthcare Success was one of the best business decisions I have ever made.”
"Thank you Healthcare Success for being our partner in this competitive healthcare landscape! I now feel like we are competing."
Dealing with your writer/account manager on various components of this campaign has been a pleasure. He is timely, efficient, and keeps the ball rolling. He’s very good at keeping everyone involved in the loop of progress, changes, and recommendations. We fell in love with our new marketing brochure – we are so excited to watch our practice grow with the help and partnership of HS.”
Important Healthcare Marketing Seminar Details
Who Should Attend
This meeting is especially appropriate for providers, especially hospitals, medical practices and other healthcare practices and organizations. Notable past attendees include the Mayo Clinic, General Electric, Henry Schein, Acclarent (a Johnson and Johnson company), Invisalign, HCA Healthcare, University of Michigan Health System and countless others. The agenda is designed for doctors, hospital executives and decision-making administrators. Employed staff may also attend.
If you are unsure whether the meeting would be appropriate for you, call us and we’ll give you an honest assessment.
For Your Comfort
No smoking while we are in session. Dress is business casual. Continental breakfast is provided both days. Our venues are always comfortable and upscale.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
With two or more weeks notice (14 days or more prior to the seminar) you may receive one free transfer to another seminar within one year, OR, receive a full refund less a $250 per attendee administrative fee.
Less than two weeks notice: No refunds; however you may receive one free transfer to another seminar within one year.
Additional transfers (after the first free transfer) require an administrative fee of $250 per attendee per occurence.
We host our 2-day seminar at venues nationwide (and also offer private engagements). To find out about additional upcoming venues, call us.
A Great Experience For Everyone
Beyond the mountains of information we will throw at you, this interactive meeting will be fun, dynamic and exciting to attend. Marketing is a fascinating topic, and this meeting will definitely NOT be, a dry and boring experience for you.
Because we cap attendance, you will never be lost in a crowd. What’s more, you will find your fellow participants to be positive and like-minded. Many attendees network, share ideas and even stay in touch for years after the seminar is over.
Please note: because a positive small group dynamic is so critical, we do have a few ground rules. First, solicitation of attendees for marketing services (or anything else) is prohibited. Second, because we share many proprietary strategies, marketing firms and consultants may not attend without prior written approval from HSS management. Finally, while it is almost never a problem, disruptive attendees may be politely excused from the remainder of the seminar without refund.
While there certainly is no obligation, we find that many attendees want to continue with a relationship that lasts long after the meeting is over.
So if you want our help after the meeting, we can certainly do that too. (After all, no one wants to be left hanging with 100 more “to dos.”)
In fact, our low tuition is an excellent, low risk way for you to get to know us. The worst-case scenario is that you’ll come out of our meeting far more informed and better off than you were before. The best-case scenario is that this meeting will turn out to be the beginning of a long, satisfying and profitable relationship.
Past attendees often tell us that this meeting was the most important of their professional careers. We invite you to come and see for yourself.